Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RITESH (MANAGER)     31 August 2014

Jurisdiction in hma

Dear All,

I would like to have a little clarification if i and my wife last resided in Pune and marriage was solemnised at Chhattisgarh can she file a divorce case at mumbai where she resides now.isnt it out of teeritorial jurisdiction

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     31 August 2014

Of course she can file in Mumbai, the choosen address of her residence, no legal infirmity in deciding// accepting territorial jurisdiction.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     02 September 2014

Agree with Dr. Vashista.

yogendra (engineer)     02 September 2014

Dear Sir,

can husband file divorce case where he resides??My marriage happened in uttrapradesh.I live in gujarat.We live in ahmedabad for 1 year.We last resided in rajasthan(only for 6 dyas) where my parents live.Can i file divorce from ahemdabad.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 September 2014

@Ritesh: She can very well file the divorce suit from her chosen residence place, it is legal, why dont you try to reconcile if there are possibilities.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 September 2014

@Yogendra: You should open a new thread to post your queries, in others thread, you can give your reply/opinion Now to your query, the divorce case can be filed in the place of marriage or place where last resided jointly or the place where the wife is residing. Hope you can understand.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register