Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANKUSH (SELF)     22 March 2014

Judgement reserved since 4 months

Hi

In a rent matter of my client - the judgement was reserved for more than 4 months ago in hon'ble Delhi HC after final arguments were complete (by a single judge bench who has subsequently been transferred to another bench after hearing final arguments).

Now in case my client mentions the matter before the judge or his court, chances are - he might get annoyed, & adverse judgement is passed, else we keep on waiting?

Now kindly advise on below queries:

1. What's the way out & what should my client do next?

2. Are there any guidelines as to till what time the judgement can be reserved?

3. What if (extreme case), judgement goes against my client - can he go in for a revision or appeal to a larger bench of HC only (before moving to Supreme Court) citing this fact that there was inordinate delay in pronouncement of judgement & same was kept reserved for over 4 months?

4. Or in such case there is no option but to appeal in SC?

Kindly advise

Regards

Learning

1 Replies

Well Wisher (analyst)     09 March 2016

Judgement reserved is one more big torture in our law and order where Judge reserve the Judgement for no reason and pass the time. No judgement is being passed before 2 months after closing the arguments. In this case also you should pray god every day to get Judgement orders. There are judgement reserved for 6 8 months also my arbitration case was pending for Judgement for 7 months can you believe it.

Judged keep collecting case and later say there is lot of pendancy . My question is when there is pendancy why to take new cases in hand.

When all sector are growng fast why not our courts Judges close cases asap and create a history. But all the time bad luck that our cases become history.

rest god save us keep praying for Judgements.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register