Joint property partition

Respected Sir


I need a legal opinion on a situation iam facing. My father and his younger brother brought parcels of land adjoining each other (10-15 survey numbers) and couple of years back, they decided to division the land and upon this oral agreement on all property and old house and also a written agreement only on behalf of land (on white paper with two witnesses) both of them took posession of their lands. Since my father is NRI he sent money (to a joint account of myself and farm manager) to develop his share and rebuild the 100 year old house and built lot of infrastructure and diary farm development. Now after seeing what my father has done to the farm land and old house, he is now demanding more share and since my father is away all the documents are with him and he is not giving any of the documents. But we are currently having possession of the house and farm land. We have an agreement on a 100 stamp paper made with a builder couple of years back for developing the farm land and old house. What are our chances of legally getting our land and the possible time frame. We have been paying all salaries and wages to farm hands etc and since last few years we are developing the land and house we have spent quite a huge amount.


Many thanks



Your query is quite confusing. One can give better advise on reading all the papers having with you. It is better to consult a good lawyer in person with all your papers or you can feel free to contact me at: Advocate Dimple Jindal Email:

practicing advocate

Without going thru., the paper it can not be advised you properly




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu