LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Udaya Bhaskar   10 May 2016

Joint property distribution - andhra pradesh

Hi: We have a Ancestrol property of 50 acres from my grand fathers and now we have father and four sons and i am the youngest in the family. Eldest brother is managing all agriculture land of our property despite all of us got married as a joint property. All remaining three elder brothers have daughters and marriage and other function expenses are spent from common income & property as all brothers have only daughters (no sons except my immediate elder brother has one son and one daughter). Now i am youngest and i have 2 sons who are very young and now doing their education. As part of all brothers daugthers (6 girls) marriages they sold some 20 acres over a period of last 20 years ( i got married exactly 20 years back). Now remaining property is 30 acres and i am asking that i should be paid my share of 12.5 acres (50/4). However brothers says i am eligile only 7.5 (30/4) acres only. The property is sold by other three brothers which is in their names. Though they say they spent from common property towards marriages of their daughters but not wiling ot share my share.

- What are the rights available for me now to get my share of 25% i.e 12.5 acres from 50 acres

- Income from my share of 12.5 acres of agriculture land for last 20 years

Can somebody guide me on this?

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 May 2016

Obtain certified copy of mutation record (Fard) from 1st owner till date showing inheritance and portions sold, from local revenue office. 

If granfather was owner then proeprty shall first devlove upon wife and Children.

Your father's share shall devolve upon his wife and Children.

Settle amicably and prefer a registered family agreement.

Or purue partion deed. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register