LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Udhav Vaid (Partner)     04 June 2014

Job work material not being returned

I request advice for the following problem : I had sent material to a job worker in delhi for machining processes on the 21st April,2014. The job work time frame for the material was a maximum of 10 days. However, he kept asking for more time saying that it was a difficult task. Finally on the 25th May,2014 i requested him to return the material in whatever un finished condition it was in to which he agreed. However, till date he has not yet returned the material. I have sent multiple emails & sms's requesting the return of the material but there is no response. I have been calling him up regularly for the same as well but my calls go unanswered. What can i do to get my material back? Warm Regards.

Learning

3 Replies

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     04 June 2014

The best option is to preserve all emails and sms, agreements, Tp, invoices if any conversation that took between you and him and find a local lawyer and send him a legal notice for the same If there is a agreement between you and him that will help you a lot to get damages with interest thereon for delay

Udhav Vaid (Partner)     04 June 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the reply. Other than a legal notice, is there any provision in the law for filing an FIR etc. so that the material can be returned immediately? Is there any chance to claim damages for any damage he may have done to the material while doing jobwork (which could be why he isn't returning the material) ?

Warm Regards.

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     04 June 2014

Is there agreement between you and him for job material what the clauses say that should be looked into FIR can be lodged but the proceeding will take time and you will have to show criminal intention of the other party because of which you are filling FIR,, Firstly do go through agreement or state the facts in it so that , can be advised properly,,,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register