Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SidChiBharg (Software)     10 July 2013

Is there any sc judgement denying pf details of spouse ?

Hi Friends,

I have heard that there is an SC judgement denying the Provident Fund of a third person through RTI claiming to be personal information of a person u/s 8(1)(j) of RTI Act. Is this true that there is any such judgement ? Is yes please do let me know the name of the judgement. I searched on the net but couldn't find any such judgement.

Actually I have a CIC hearing wherein I have sought details of PF of my estranged wife. FAA refused citing 8(1)(j) and 8(1)(e) of the RTI Act. I citied various judgements during my First appeal hearing but FAA refused u/s 8(1)(j) and 8(1)(e) of RTI Act although there is a CIC judgment very close to it which we all know namely - Sh Ashish Kumar Tiwari Vs. EPFO. wherein the FAA refused under the same section 8(1)(j) and 8(1)(e) but CIC overruled and asked EPFO to furnish PF details of wife.

So in CIC hearing I have to take a stand that CIC has already decided the EPFO details of wife can be given so in my case as well it should be given and FAA was wrong in denying the details to me.

Thanks and Regards,
Sid.

Learning

4 Replies

puneet sandhu (service)     11 July 2013

You were asking for this judgement 

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
CIVIL APPELLATE JURISDICTION
Special Leave Petition (Civil) No. 27734 of 2012
(@ CC 14781/2012)
Girish Ramchandra Deshpande .. Petitioner
Versus
Cen. Information Commr. & Ors. .. Respondents

Attached File : 798737392 girish deshpande rti income tax roi.pdf downloaded: 156 times

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 July 2013

not likelty to suceed.

Reformist !!! (Other)     20 August 2013

what happened sidharth ??? u got the favourable judgement or what from CIC ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 August 2013

sidharth is invited to enlighten the forum if he got favourable order

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register