LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kriti   20 August 2015

Is there any law which can restrict use of cctv cameras

Technology is becoming so easier and faster nowadays that a 3rd class student can make a MMS and do it viral across the world. Do we have solutions for these daily routine problems. Well, one of my aunty had query,her neighbour has put cctv camera in her balcony and he can easily take footage of her whole house through his cctv 24 hours. Their is only 1 hand distance between his balcony and my aunt balcony. She can take any legal action? If yes under which law, act, sections and what is the whole procedure.

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2015

I believe similar query was posted and replied.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2015

refer reply at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Query-regarding-knowledge-of-taking-action-against-misuse-of-cctv-camera-at-neighbourhood-555091.asp#.VdgtUH302aQ

Ranjan (founder)     09 September 2015

They can use cameras for security purpose not for other privacy. So you can complaint it to nearest police station about it. After that they can manage tha point of camera as ur privacy not captured by them or you can directly say first to them if they agree then its ok otherwise go for legal.

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     12 September 2015

CCTV cameras are for security not for intruding into private lives of neighbours. It is a criminal offence. File a FIR in police station 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register