Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddharth (Assistant)     09 September 2011

Is there a way to save my uncle from jail??

Hi,

I am coming straight to the case that has occured with my dear uncle. Recently a group of Theives selling goods worth of 3 crore selling for only 50 lakhs was caught by police. The arrested group member when inquired by police for their Boss gave police a cell number. When police got name and address of person on whose name the card is registered they found that he is the resident of my Uncles village.

they caught that person. Now the person is saying that he never bought that SIM card. The SIM card is activated from my Uncles LAPO card. that means the SIM has been sold by my uncle. Now the person whom police has caught is for sure not guilty and innocent. That means the SIM card has been sold by mistake to some other person by my uncle (By mistake- coz my uncle is really a truth speaking person and never does illegal acts and has good repute in society). If the Boss of the thieves get caught and says that he has bought SIM from my uncle, he will get jailed. 

Please guide me in this matter:

1) what should my uncle say to police? has he sold or not sold the sim card? coz he really thinks he never makes mistake in attaching documents.

2) can he take a anticipatory bail in this case?

3) what is the maximum punishment he is liable for?

4) If the innocent person who is caught says that he has bought sim from uncle and then it got lost and received by the boss of theives then will my uncle be saved?

Learning

4 Replies

Rahul Patel (Studying)     10 September 2011

yup i think your uncle can get anticipatory bail. Hire some lawyer as soon as possible.

Jatin Sapra 9312223345,Delhi (Advocate)     10 September 2011

Hello,

I again request please do not reply to legal queries upon ur presumptions and  it may be harmful for o person who is looking for legal opinion. So, do take proper advice from legal proffessional while working uon the suggestions of "engineer".

No need to taake Anticipatory Bail. and clearly state to police that you sold this sim to him.

and further he may be culprit or not let it be decided by the police after investigation.You give your statement that this simis lying in his name only.

james bhatti (Advocate)     10 September 2011

Dear client,

I am replying questionwise:

1. Your uncle should not confess before the police that he sold the SIM. He should say that some other person may have used his documents and bought the SIM. Rather I shall advise him not to appear before the police unless he gets anticipatory bail.

2. He should go for an Anticipatory Bail. Just naming any person by the accused in the police station does not mean that your uncle is their accomplice.

3. The punishment for theft is 10 years.

4. It is not the question that wherefrom the SIM was bought. The question is if your uncle was their accomplice or did he steel the booty?

May God take care of his case!!

himanshu harbola (Comp. Sec.)     28 September 2011

rushing for A.B just because u sold a SIM ....i m amazed...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register