Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj kumar (Student)     13 April 2012

Is private co. of uttrakhand covered in rti act.

Please provide me ciatation, Is private co. situated in sidcul covered in RTI Act 2005

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Yes mr. Suraj

Inuttrakhand all factories/industries established in SIIDCUL region coveredin RTI act Because they are take grant from State and covered umder section 2(h) of RTI act 2005.

You may get details fromUttrakhand information commission.

Niharika Lohan   20 June 2023

Hi Suraj, I’m Adv. Niharika and here is some information which will be useful for your concern.

To answer your question, Yes, RTI Act covers governmental as well as private companies and associations, when such private institutions are public utility authorities. In your case, a company established in SIDCUL, is covered in the ambit of the RTI Act and such a company will be liable to disclose the information which has requested.

The above statements were laid in the case of Sarabjeet Roy vs. DERC (CIC/WB/A/2006/00011)

Additionally, I’m attach a relevant link for your convenient reading. Kindly find it below.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/is-rti-applicable-on-private-companies-6026.asp

I hope the information satisfies your query. For more information, reach me at niharikalohan@yahoo.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register