Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivekanand (executive)     25 May 2010

Is it safe to pursue LLB for me given the BCI age bar?

I am a chemical consultant, a Ph.D . in chemistry.  The BCI's age bar of 30 years has undermined my quest of pursuing an education in law.  There is a PIL against this move in the Bombay high court.

https://ssatyarthi.blogspot.com/2009/03/pil-against-age-bar-in-legal-studies.html

However, when I phoned the office of the Ambedkar Law College in Wadala, Mumbai - I was informed that they have received no such circular and that they do admit 30+ years old students for their LLB (3yrs) course.  Come June, I am going to join this course.  Do any of you forsee any negative implications, anything that would come in my way?  I eagerly await your views.

Learning

1 Replies

HANUMANT DESHMUKH (Activist)     25 May 2010

Vivekanand, since they are giving admission, my suggestion to you is to take it. Once you are admitted, no one can stop you from enrolling as an advocate after you pass.

Law field needs passionate people like you who really want to be in this field. So I am in full support of you and will provide all financial assistance that I can for people like you who fight this injustice and stupidity. Please see this Age Restriction - why is it such a bad idea?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register