Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sk   22 December 2014

Is it possible to get the status of the property case ?

My father having one title suit case in civil court for last 4 years.

Last time when my father visited the court it was August 2013, and honorable judge decided for the partition.

According to our lawyer told , we need to wait for the partition order related notice.

But  for last 1 year we did not received any notification letter for hearing or any orders of partition. We frequently asked our lawyer for this, but he told us that till now he did not received any notice from court.

Few days back we got one letter from one advocate who claims himself to be the commissioner assigned by court for filing the partition related report. He will be coming to our home to measureing the property within 2 days, and we should also availble there with our lawyer.

We talked to our lawyer and he told us that he will not be able to come to our house within such a short notice period, also he did not received any notice from court either.

Yesterday the advocate commissioner came for measurement and when we asked about this short notice, he told us that we already missed few hearings.

Now my question is either our lawyer or the advocate commissioner is not telling the truth, is there any way we can verify the case status and previous hearing dates ?

Learning

4 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     22 December 2014

Yes of course.You have a right to inspect your  Case Documents.  Visit the Court and ask to see the case documents. You will need the Case Reference for that. There is a nominal fee for such inspection..

1 Like

sk   22 December 2014

Thanks for your immediate response, can we do this without any lawyer by ourselfs ? Any special person we need to ask like clerk or some other designation ?

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 December 2014

you can go to the court section and enquire about your case details with them and they will help you to verify the dates listed and who have appeared and also every court will have a A diary when the case is listed who is appeared and who is not appeared every day 2 day ot the causelist will be entered in that and the section officer will help you in this matter since 2013 to till date what happened and when your lawyer appeared 

1 Like

generalpublic (abc)     01 March 2015

can we file a RTI to get information on the case from the court diary from intiial filing to till date? i am facing a similar situation with a case for 4 yrs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register