LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji (Self)     21 April 2014

Is it possible to file any cases while divorce case pending

Hi All,Wife filed divorce and its in progress.Is it possible to wife to file any cases on husband while divorce case is pending? if so what cases she can file? Please advise.Thanks to all..

Learning

7 Replies

mahavir singh (ADVOCACY)     21 April 2014

Yes she can file more cases like maintanence, DV act. For more 09910657998 mahavir singh advocate.

advocate Avdhesh chaudhary (advocate/ legal consultant)     21 April 2014

yes, she can file case of maintenance, DV act in which she may claim many reliefs. for brief you call me at 09891507137

Q Slinger (NA)     21 April 2014

Actually the list of cases she can file is quite long. Some of them are:

498a

DV and interim maintenance, residence, protection orders, and many more. 

CrPC 125

HMA 24 or HMA 25

Remember, some of the cases mentioned above can be filed even after the divorce is finalised. Its best you try and get a watertight MCD and ensure that there she will not file any cases as well.The lawyer should help you out with this.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     21 April 2014

she can file as many cases to harass you 

Balaji (Self)     21 April 2014

Hi All, Thanks for quick adivses...Is husband doesn't have any cases to file on wife? when wife filed Divorce ..Please advise.

anonymous70 (Unemployed)     27 April 2014

If you are working, look for a lawyer who's representing you in the interest of his client and not the opp. You need to look at HC judgments from this forum or google keywords to match your queries. I am in the same boat, DV case is pending, I filed divorce petition after interim maint. was passed even though the opp. is aware that I am unemployed.

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     03 May 2014

Dear Friend,

There is no restriction on her to file no case against you since the divorce case is pending.

Usually she can drag you in 498A ( a criminal proceedings ) and DV cases under Sec 18, 19, 20 and 24. She also can complain under Sec 125 of the Cr.P.C.for the maintenance. As such there is no restriction on her to file she can file any number of cases against you indeed with a proper evidence for that.

For further legal assistance on nominal charges,  you can contact undersigned on below given  phone number.

Advise, always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field. You can see my credentials on site for my appraisal.

Click "LIKE" in appreciation of the above answer.

Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)

Supreme Court Of India,
High Court & District Courts of Delhi, UP & UK.
For Civil, Criminal, Property, Recovery, Consumer,
Service & Family Dispute Matters.

Email: advicelaw1@gmail.com

Ph: 9582144748

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register