Is it crime to kidnap wife?

Engineer

My wife has left me few months ago making allegations and not joining. Is it crime to kidnap and get her to my home forcefully?

Freedom

If she is not interested why do you want to force her . You can file for RCR . But if you force her she may file domestic violence against you .

Advocate

Is it a crime to lock your house ocupied by your tennant?and forcefully evict your tennant, without resorting to the procedures provided by Law? Same is your position. Dont take the law in your own hands,

Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com)

Dear Querist,

First of all it is not kidnapping - assuming your wife is above the age of 18 years.

Secondly it may be the offence of abduction if you forcefully compel your wife to accompany you. However abduction is an offence only if it is done with specific intentions such as - to murder, to wrongfully confine, or to push into prostitution. Which is not the case here. Hence the law would be reluctant to take notice of this act of yours. However she still has the 498A/406 Cases to file - for she may allege that it meted out cruelty to her. 

Worker

Is it crime to kidnap and get her to my home forcefully?

Y E S - punishable under DV & 498a

Worker

@ wanttolive

i have still confidence that she still agree to live with me. if we stay for 2-3 days together.

Can you imagine the OTHERWISE situation ??

Worker

no person / no law can force husband and wife live together against their own will.

personal problems should be settled on personal front, amicably.

what is believe is - 

Hammer (of law) can be used to break (not to join)

Total likes : 1 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu