Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagtar singh   04 June 2017

Is it constructive dismissal or breach of contract?

Hello All Experts,

Happy summer vacations

My this post is not new it was already posted but at that time contract was not breached.As on today same is breached and i am going to lodge the case against my employer.

The case history in brief is

1--- firstly i was Transferred with change in designation to lower post that too during the pendecy of legal proceedings as punitive action, malafide transfer order case pending before the labour court since Jan2015.

2-- Workman refuses to join at transferred place and employer hold the salary since jan2015

3--- Recently in March 2015 employer called the employee to come to head office for discussions and there employee was  asked to have a lump sum amount of Rs 5.00 lacs  plus other terminal benefits like PF, Leave Encashment conditioned to tendering resignation and case closure before the labour court  or will terminate you .Employee being without wages for the last two years and fear of termination comes under pressure and fear.

4---Employee/Workman and employer did a written agreement signed by employer HR and workman stating all financial payable .

5--Workman submitted resignation stating the condition in the resignation that i am resigning based on this agreement cndition to settlement of all my legal dues .

6-- In the agreement between workman and employer it was stated that all dues will be paid after resignation and  legal case closure report.

7--Where as workman has given resignation stating condition to settlement of legal dues , employer before settling the dues accepted the same immediately.

8--Employer afterward didnot wait for legal case closure report and credited the amount into my account without any information to me and same amount is being violated as per agreement.

9--- Now on asking the employer to clarify the same or provide the details no response is from the employer despite 3-4 reminders

10--Present situation is Legal case before labour court  of malice transfer is not closed , Resignation given to employer same day of ageement with stated condition of settling all legal dues, employer has immediately accepted, amount credited into my account is violative of agreement and labour laws too like leave encasment paid to me is of 90 days only where laws says 180 days and same 200 days PL i do have balance in my service period.

11---    Employer is silent and not responding to my representations

12-- I realise toady employer has played with my job by taking resignation and now not paying as agreed in the agreement, employer has incentivised be the money ( knowing i am in need and encashed the opportunity) and taken the resignation to get rid of me.

12--- So my query and help required  with expert advise ----------- should i lodge this complaint with Labour commissioner as Breach of Contract Or Constructive Dismissal/Deemed termination

A------what should be my relief plee----

B----- Declaring my resignation as deemed termination or asking the court to get my dues as agreed get paid by the employer.But i wish to Declare my resignation as deemed termination rather than getting pending dues.

Regards

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 June 2017

No definite suggestion is possible unless the documents are seen.

jagtar singh   04 June 2017

ok Mr.Venu g but again thanx for spring time and ur response, should I send you scan copies of the same

jagtar singh   07 June 2017

dear experts , I am waiting for your opinion at the earliest as copmlaint to be lodged before ALC. Regards

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2017

You can benefit from the advice of Mr. P Venu.

Prashant Mane (Legal Officer)     01 July 2017

Send documents to Mr Venu so you will be in position to proceed in the matter

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register