LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shwetha   20 February 2018

Is it a prohibited marriage under law

I'm a 24 year old in love with a man of 24years.. he is from my maternal side.. he is my mother's father's sister's son who is supposed to be my uncle.. we are love with each other from 5years and we are thinking to get married.. we are facing lots of trouble from our families especially from my maternal uncle who is my mother's brother i.e my mama who is threatening us to death if we continue our love.. as I am well read I'm ready to take a stand.. Is the marriage is considered to be a legal one if we get married or does it come under prohibited marriages.. please help.. thanks in advance..

Learning

12 Replies

Thank u mam.. but according to our relation he is not my brother.. he is my mother's cousin i.e He is my mother's father's sister's son... and more over it doesn't come under sapinda relations with best of my knowledge.. please guide..

Thank u mam.. but according to our relation he is not my brother.. he is my mother's cousin i.e He is my mother's father's sister's son... and more over it doesn't come under sapinda relations with best of my knowledge.. please guide..

As it is from my mother side i have calculated three generations upward starting from me.. and i have calculated 3 generations upwards starting from me sir..

I have refered these lines.. Two persons are said to be "sapindas" of each other if one is a lineal ascendant of the other within the limits of "sapinda" relationship, or if they have a common lineal ascendant who is within the limits of "sapinda" relationship with reference to each of them.

Sir I'm computing lineal ascendents from my mother side.. and also lineal ascendents from his mother side.. me

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 February 2018

Which personal law applies in your case e.g; Hindu or are you all Hindu?

Pls clarify the basic required detail in 1st post itslef.

Confirm!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 February 2018

Is there any proven custom that has attained sanction of law in your community that does not bar such marriage in such relation? In a sense your mother’s relation with father of man is of brother-sister… If possible resolve the family matter within the family and avoid social stigma for all.

Thank you sir for answering

Artika priya   20 February 2018

Ms Shwetha according to your case you have to count three generations above from you starting with you as there is no lineal ascedent common for both of you you can marry and it is legally valid and according to recent judgement given by supreme court two people can marry if it is lawful so please go ahead best of luck and queries related to sapinda relation watch this link below https://youtu.be/YQk8g494A8E

can some one pls clarify whether i should proceed with the marriage or not pls help because its my life and death matter

Thanks a lot for the advice.. thank u very very much

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register