Is is legal to do marriage without saptapadi(7 steps fire)

Hi,

We had done an engagement ceremony, I am brahmin by caste. I was in process of VISA and my parents search a girl to marry in between. My VISA got approved. Due to time shortage we planed do to all rituals in engagements exception Saptapadi(taking 7 steps in presence of fire). I got marriage certificate under section 7 of Hindu marriage act 1955.  My wifes VISA got rejected by US embassy and mine got revoked because she could not handle the situation.

Is there any law or some religious book which can proove that taking 7 steps are not mandatory. I know we were in hurry but just wanted to know if there is some way. Is it really mandatory step? Sindur and manglasutra are not sufficient?

Thanks,

These princples are set out by RAM.   Entire world follows the same.

U go and register Ur marriage in sub registrar office and take marriage certificate .saptapadi is not mandatory .

Total likes : 1 times

US embassy is focused on Section 7 of Hindu marriage act 1955. Can i reach court? Will it give me certificate that marriage was legal?

May be but i am concering about what law says. Ram is invisible and can not prove the statement. I need to know whether it is legal in indian law or not?

It may or may not be legal, but of course spiritual. Ram is legend, which cannot be emulated by human beings.

You seems to be a big idiot, who is hell bent to prove that Ram is invisible and........If you are begging American visa for your wife then US Embassy has every right to question you about whether you have followed all the rituals during your marriage under the Hindu traditions. Had I been the counselor, have cancelled your application.

Mr. Omprakash, please do not comment if you are not a lawyer. I am not begging anything. I am going by law. Human rights you know. I just wanted to know law. I know Shree Ram is legend.

Mr. Omprakash, please do not comment if you are not a lawyer. I am not begging anything. I am going by law. Human rights you know. I just wanted to know law. I know Shree Ram is legend.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu