LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivshanker Cheral   08 October 2015

Is hiding salary information is legal

I am working in a IT software company, I feel same rank i.e. same experience same work even the work is interchanging, I feel other person getting more salary then me, Company has a policy that the salary will be kept confidential. my question is if other person is getting more salary then is injustice to me or any other person. hiding the salary of same rank/category person is legal. how to fight agains this.

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     08 October 2015

Sir,

The compant cannot discrimintae against the employess of the same organisation. It's voilation of fundamental rights. Send a notice to the company seeking the information for your griveince. 

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     08 October 2015

Before taking any step first confirm it is he your senior in that post means had he joined the company before you and also his qualifications .

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 October 2015

right to equality as a fundamental right is enforceable if govt/semi-govt is the employer

atul (ACB)     03 December 2015

1. Discrimination i salary under no circumstances however it is not so straight an issue.

2. Company must have done variation in task allotment and nature of duties before calling a discriminaton in salary and perks.

3. It is not general descripttion of a job but many facotrs which have to be brought out before we can rech to conclusion if that is discrimination or not.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 December 2015

Don't waste your time and youth here.

Employers do not treat employment as marriage.

Employee should also understand employment is not marriage and separation is not divorce.

If you have education,skill,ability negotiate with some other employer and move on.

IT/ITeS employees have united/formed unions and trade unions have embraced them.

Once you have bodies that are traeted authority e.g 'Works Committee' as in ID Act, or mandatory Greivance Redressal Committee (as in some states),or  IC, Guild,  etc such issues can be put up more effectively without haveing the notion of being singled out.

It is your aptitude that shall decide what action you should take.

Otherwise even if compnay has inserted in some private rules/policy there is no bar on disclosure of 'Salary'.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register