Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

family_court_petioner (admin)     17 June 2014

Is deputy commissioner of police an executive magistrate?

I'm required to submit Annexure 'G' for my minor child (In the form of a sworn affidavit before Judicial Magistrate or Executive Magistrate on non-judicial stamp paper of minimum value) at the Bangalore Regional Passport Office.

I spent several days to track down and meet magistrates who have jurisdiction to sign affidavits for my area of residence but nobody would sign it. I even met the Chief Municipal Magistrate in his chamber with my request. He said that he has instructed all the magistrates in his court to not sign affidavits of any kind. This is due to fact that they are overwhelmed with cases and they do not want to ‘waste’ their time.

I've been trying to get references to Executive Magistrates at the moment.

I happen to know the Deputy Commissioner of Police through one of my contacts. Would his signature on my affidavit suffice?

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 June 2014

IN many stated 'Suvidha Centres' have been formed for attestation of such affidavits, residence certificates.................and an Executive Magistrate shall sign it......................

Usually it is in DC office.

Find out if such forum is available in Bangalore...............

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     17 June 2014

Executive magistrates are sub-divisional magistrate i.e SDM and district magistrate i.e. DM .

Popy   17 December 2015

I have been struggling for the same : Annexure G affidavit, getting panicked whether it can be done. Can anyone please suggest about how it should be done?

There is no 'Suvidha Centres' in Bangalore.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register