LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aadhya1221@   15 November 2017

Is Temporary Employee Study Permissible

i am working under Government department with part time service rules in that there is no time mentioned in service rules about part time

with the oral permission from the higher officer i am studying my 3 year llb course from 3 years i.e llb final year final semister

is my llb course is valid or not,? there is no written permission from the higher authority.

Learning

8 Replies

aadhya1221@   15 November 2017

in the state of telangana

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2017

Oral permission has no meaning. Qualification will not be added. No application for other government job will be forwarded where this qualification is needed

aadhya1221@   16 November 2017

Is there any exemption for study of temporary employees are based on part time service rules

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 November 2017

I  am afraid that the issue needs more guidance, as part time employee is not a regular employee and can be terminated at any time, and continuing the course for securing a study income, necessity of life and such regulations apply only for regular employees.  Need more discussion on the issue.

In my service rules there is a provision that "with the permission of the higher officer the individual can do other job or any" But in my case there is no written permission from the higher authority I need clarification on this Whether my llb course is valid or not

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 November 2017

The stipulation you have stated is about another employment and the issue is about better educational qualification to improve the skills, and whether part time employees are  also covered by Employees Service conditions.

First of all, the institution in the application stipultates occupation while taking admission, if you have filled the same with employee, without such  NOC, college can not permit you to take admission.  If you have suppressed that information that is another issue.

What is your present issue  you are worried about so much ?  Disciplinary proceedings against you or if some one cancels your degree because of this internal regulation, though you are qualified and your functioning in your organisation is clean and untained.

What can happen to Degree or employment ?

I have seen a case in Delhi where SI while performing his duty attended LLB and secured the degree and information RTI disclosed that he was permitted only for appearing for the examination, and his attendance was present both in college and Police station, and the complaint to authorities has not yielded any outcome.

To my knowledge seeking such permission is a mere formality and an assurance in writing that you do not neglect your duties during such pursuit of academic qualifications.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 November 2017

Being a "part time" employee you are not bound by service rules hence there is no need/requirement for any permission. Proceed/continue.

However, oral permission is "no" permission.

Tq for ur reply sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register