Share on Email

Share More

babloo27071985 (employee)     22 May 2015

Is 498a ab applicable for dv also

is 498a AB applicable for DV also 

what is the exact police procedure after a DV petition is lodged by the wife

Learning

10 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     22 May 2015

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 May 2015

in dv case there is no arrest till you comply with the orders given by the court.if you dont only you would be arrested.so there is no needfor ab in dv case.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     22 May 2015

There is no arrest or no bail procedure in dv case. So no need to worry. Fight the case on merit with the help of a lawyer

thank u Rocky Smithsaravanan.s and Nadeem Qureshi sir actually im from hyderabad and my wife has lodged a private complaint on me and my family 498a 3/4 dp i guess for which i secured AB actually fir is not yet registered i secured the AB in the month of june 2014 from then onwards my in laws are not takking any further step iam worried that as iam safe for 498a , they will lodge DV on me from jan 2014  my wife is living at her mother house should i worry for DV?

''no arrest till you comply with the orders given by the court'' saravanan.s sir can you plz elaborate 

what is the exact procedure after a DV petition is lodged 

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     22 May 2015

Simple understanding of AB:

Bail is granted for the case against which you seek relief and not for other cases separately filed against you. If the DV Act as been slapped through the same FIR, you are protected but police can misuse their power if a separate FIR has been lodged against you.

All the best

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     22 May 2015

Simple understanding of AB:

Bail is granted for the case against which you seek relief and not for other cases separately filed against you. If the DV Act as been slapped through the same FIR, you are protected but police can misuse their power if a separate FIR has been lodged against you.

All the best

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     25 May 2015

U also register counter FIR against them. U may stay out side from your jurisdiction for 1/2 years. DV is not maintainable after one year.

babloo27071985 (employee)     26 May 2015

Rocky sir what counter case can I register against my wife actually wife left home Jan 2014 and I approached legal cell authority later she lodged a private complaint in women p.s and I secured AB noe I am afraid of DV Sir u said DV is not valid after half year plz explain sir What will be the exact police procedure after a DV compliant or fir is lodge

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register