Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Senthil   07 October 2015

Irctc tdr ethics

Hi,

I had booked a ticket from Bangalore to Tirupur on 23rd September and  i came to know that the train was late 20 hours and i couldnt travel due to the delay. its not the mistake from my side and i didnt know the TDR new rule which is the passenger has to cancel the ticket within 2 hours of journey time.

When i filed the TDR on 30th September and it was rejected due to the delay of filing.

Here comes a question, if train got delayed  means then the passenger will rush for alternate travel mode or will sit and cancel the ticket?

Its a sheer injustice practice by irctc to rob the money from passengers. Even It was the mistake from their side, they made the law to penalize the passengers. I had lost around 800 Rs and I couldnt travel also and i had to search alternate travel mode which impacted my plans seriously which caused mental anxiety as well. Please suggest me if there are possible action under consumer protection law.

Thanks.

Senthil

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 October 2015

You can claim damages from IRCTC. show the damages caused with evidences file a case in consumers forums.

• In case of train running late by more than three hours & the passenger not performing journey on this account ,full refund is permitted subject to the condition that the ticket is surrendered/TDR obtained in case of I-ticket, if is in E-ticket customer should file online/mail to IRCTC within the prescribed time limits which are as under-
          Ticket distance                             Prescribed time
          Upto 200 Kms                                          3 Hrs
          201- 500 Kms                                         6 Hrs
          More than 500 Kms                             12 Hrs

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register