LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abcd1234 (None)     30 May 2015

Ipc 307 punishment type

A boy was in relationship with girl, then the relation broke. Girls parents threaten to kill the boy and ask to stay away from the girl. The boy has impulse contyol disorder. Enraged by this the boy stabbed ( According to police) the girl in his college library. Chloroform and ropes were obtained from the boy. There were 3 times stabbing , the cut was 5 inches deep on her waist. The girl appeared for exam two days after the case. The boy is a student.

What could be the possible punishment ? Give me some idea..

Learning

7 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     31 May 2015

U said the girl was stabbed 3 times with 5inch deep wounds and still she appeared for exams after 2 days.U are not correct in UR presentation.

abcd1234 (None)     04 June 2015

What actually happened Im telling you..

Pease tell me what could be the possible puishment ?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     04 June 2015

If the boy's age is below 18 years, he can be tried under JJ Act, and not severe punishment is there.  If he is above 18 years age, it is attempt to murder and he will be punished accordingly under Section 307 IPC and generally the prosecution succeeds to prove the case, he will be sent to imprisonment generally between 3 to 7 years as per the discretion of the court.

abcd1234 (None)     05 June 2015

The boy is 20 years old, so is the girl. The boy has impulse control problem, he is a student also..

Does he still have to face this (3-7 years) punishment ? or, it will be less ?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 June 2015

If the boy has such psychotic disorder which is harmful for the society, he should be in asylum. He can not escape punishment by mere mentioning of a psychotic disorder. Such things need to be documented first and treatment has to be underway to escape the punishment/ leniency in punishment.

Also, when you mention 5inch deep stab, are you serious? It is 5 inches wide gash? In both the conditions, it is a aggravated assault.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.shoneekapoor.com 

abcd1234 (None)     05 June 2015

I understand your point..

But, it is also true that the girl made him emotionally unstable by dumping him. Given he is a student what can be the possible punishment ?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 June 2015

I don''t support the action of the boy by any stretch of imagination.

And it is a speculative query about punishment, no one can say what term of punishment would be awarded.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.shoneekapoor.com 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register