Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayana Swamy (security)     13 January 2018

Ipc 153a

Dear Experts,

Th IPC 153A section applies for thos who create enmity between two communities and creating obstruction th the performance of religious prayers.Here in my case,we are performing prayers in our locality since 10 years peacefully. My neighbour who is not happy with the prayers started constructing multistoreyed building and with the help of builder my neigbour wontedly creating obstructing to prayers in different ways such as using drilling machines by making big noises when prayers are going on,making very loud noise,blocking public road with lorries,JCB'S,creating dust pollution,smoke when prayers are going on as such many times our prayers discontinued.I have all audio and video evidence of the nuisance.

My question is that Is the 153A section applies to my neighbour and builder ?Please clarify.

Thanks,

Narayana Swamy

Learning

5 Replies

TGK REDDI   14 January 2018

Please clarify whether your prayers are loud or not.      It's my experience that prayers are invariably a nuisance, whatever the religion.

1 Like

Preetam Thakur (MHA)     14 January 2018

Dear Prayerer!

You do not need to apply any section of any criminal law. If your performance of prayer does not cause disturbance to others and your neighbour is causing distrubance in the area it certainly distrubing all residents! 

The simple procedure is to submit a complaint to SDM of your area who has powers under certain sections of CrPC to remove such nuisances!

Narayana Swamy (security)     14 January 2018

Sir, Thanks for your replies. We never used loudspeakers and we are doing silent prayers by maintaining peace and harmony in the locality. The owner and builder who are not happy with the performance of prayers habituated creating nuisance disturbing prayers since 1 year whenever devotees come for prayers. We have lodged several complaints in local police station with all photos and video proof but the builder is managing police with money and local police washing off thier hands by booking only petty case.

We have lodged several complaints to local police and also given copies of the complant to Commissioner of Police by requesting the police to take action as per IPC 153A but police booked only one petty case against them and the builder is taking advantage of inaction of the police and repeatedly disturbing the religious prayers. Please let me know how to make the builder punished under 153A section. Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Narayana Swamy.

Narayana Swamy (security)     14 January 2018

The builder is not creating enmity between two communities but indirectly creating obstruction for the performance of religious prayers by creating nuisance with construction work at the time when prayers are held because he is not happy with the performance of prayers. Does this offence commence under 153A ?

Narayana Swamy.

TGK REDDI   14 January 2018

Your case is typical.   Follow the advice of Shri Preetam Thakur.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register