LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumaridevi (Ms)     07 March 2016

Invasion in privacy

Last one year, during my stay in Maharashtra, my calls were getting disconnected or I could not hear the person on otherside. I had / have this problem only in Maharashtra no where else. I had doubts that my phone calls are being taped or intercepted. Few months ago, I was regularly called by insurance company`s and Banks with loan informations. They said they have received calls from my phone number which had not made!

Today, a friend called up twice on my mobile phone and she said that it was picked up and she did not hear any reply. She heard sounds. She asked if I can hear her. But there was no reply. She came over and asked, what is wrong with my phone? I  had not received her call at all ! We checked my inbox, received or miscalls boxes. It did not show any evidence of my receiving her calls. Previous day, somebody gave a miscall. When I called back this person he said " I called you because you had called me half an hour ago."

After these incidents I have become aware that someone is intercepting my calls. How can I found out who is using my line? Is there any law against such persons?

I am concerned. I may get into serious problems. Kindly reply.

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     07 March 2016

Report the matter to cyber crime police station of your area, the problem will sort out by them only .
1 Like

Manjaly   08 March 2016

Change your mobile phone and insert sim to another Phone and try a call.  If you have doubt that phone calls are being taped you should register a complaint to cyber cell immediately.

(Guest)

@ Kumari 

First no one is doing that , There must be some technical setting error in your phone. Like Call divert when out of range etc. Additioanl there must be some other setting by which your phone may be getting assessed from some other phone. May be you have purchased Second hand phone or accidently you have clicked wrong option some time. Do get it checked from good mobile  repair shop. who understand software , reinstall software. Or there can be some virus if it is smart phone etc. 

Sim cloning do take place but for that Sim is required and placed , so without your permission sim can not be physically placed in wrong hand but accidently some one may have got access to your sim. You can ask for new sim from new operator 

Change operator by MNP. now MNP is available all over India.

And this is not legal problem nor any one is spying on you nor anyone is tapping. Police Dept are over loaded with work they don't have time to look after you unless some one in police dept. is fida on you :D . Take lightly and forget it. 

Check Mobile Setting and Sim baas your problem solved 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register