LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran (Employee)     13 August 2008

International flight ticket refund from travel agent

I'm located in Hyderabad and I have purchased Jet Airways international flight ticket online from Yatra.com.  Because of personal reasons I had to cancel my ticket.  It has been almost 35 days since I have cancelled the ticket and still haven't got refund from the agent. I have sent a couple of mails and spoke to them over phone and all the times they are quoting 7 days time to refund the amount and also saying that they haven't got refund from JetAirways.  Initially I was told by the agency that the refund will take approximately 15 working days while it has been more than 35 days now. Can I issue any legal notice to this agency?  Please help.  The refund amount is around 35000/- INR.

Learning

3 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     13 August 2008

You can very well  issue a legal notice and in case they fail to make the payment within the time speicified in the  notice, you can proceed to file a consumer complaint.

Kiran (Employee)     13 August 2008

Thanks Mr. Prakash. I hope any local lawyer can issue them the legal notice and send across by registered post as I'm in Hyderabad while the agency is located in Delhi.

D.V.RamaKrishna (Advocate)     13 August 2008

Kiran,

You can approach the local office of Jet Airways as wells Yatra.com and ask for refund of the amount showing all necessary documentary proof. Even if they do not repay, you yourself can send a notice in the form of notice by way RPAD to the local office as well the head office. If they do not pay even after recieving the notice from you, you can approach any advocate for issuance of a legal notice and proceeding further by way of presenting a complaint before the Consumer Forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register