Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhijeet (Executive)     23 July 2014

Interim maintenance

Dear Friends,

I plan to approch court for divorce petition. My marriage lasted only for 5 months and have a son out of marriage.

She had deserted me after 5 months of marriage after inflicting huge cruelty on me and my parents. I was earning 64,000 p.m at the time of her desertion but since last 6 months i have left service and taken practising stream of profession and I am earning about 10,000 p.m.

My query is how much child maintenance I have to bear. My wife is also earning about 45, 000 p.m.  I also have liabilities to maintain my retired and old parents.

Pls. advise me on the approximate amount of child maintenance I will have to bear.

thanks in advance.

Mohan

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 July 2014

A father has to share all the expenses for  children

gautam (not disclosed)     23 July 2014

Court will ask the reason of starting your own practice instead of continuing job and will consider it malafide intention, as in normal circumstances one plans for career progression where there is more monetary benefits.

Having said that, since your wife is earning sufficient amount to maintain herself then she will not be entitled to any maintenance, however for the kids, you both have to shell proportionate income towards welfare of the kid.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     26 July 2014

Please see the link.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Interim-maintenance-case-105770.asp#.U9NO9kCm9dg

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register