LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Interested in higher studies as a govt school teacher but...

I have been working as a trained graduate teacher(TGT)in a govt. school under delhi administration since august 2011.

i am still under probation.

i am interested in pursuing MA course thru distance education from a reputed university of delhi.

today i gave an application to my vice principal to get her sanction to do this course.vice principal is on extension(after retirement)

the last date for admission is 3rd september.

my VP told me to give an undertaking in application that while doing this course,under no circumstances i will ignore my school duties.i will be fully committed to my job also.then only she will give me the sanction.

i want to know:

1. am i entitled to study leave if the course is thru distance mode?

2. If the answer to the above query is yes,can she refuse to sanction this application if i dont give any such undertaking.?

In that case what shall i do?the last date for admission is nearing.

3. can someone upload the LATEST study leave rules for delhi administration teachers who are under probation and want to study thru distance mode?

4, If i am entitled to leaves,can my school VP and staff keep calling me to school on one pretext or other,in the name of unavoidable school work?

Thanks and regards,

madhu

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 August 2014

Action of VP is correct.  Nothing new for you.

rule position is made clear to you on other threat at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/AM-I-ENTITLED-TO-STUDY-LEAVE-IF-COURSE-IS-THRU-DISTANCE-MODE-490351.asp#.U-wBPKNvdG0

not comint to your questions

1. am i entitled to study leave if the course is thru distance mode?

Ans :As per given fact NO.

2. If the answer to the above query is yes,can she refuse to sanction this application if i dont give any such undertaking.?

Ans : Any leave can be refused as no leave is matter of right.  If you do nto give this undertaking even the permission to continue the studies will surely be refused.  In such case if you continue you  will never be able to add qualification for promotion or even for forwarding applications for other services outside. and also liable for discplinary action.

This applies to all Govt servants.

In that case what shall i do?the last date for admission is nearing.

Ans : Seek permission by giving undertaking.  Even other wise No Govt servant is expected to ignore duty.

3. can someone upload the LATEST study leave rules for delhi administration teachers who are under probation and want to study thru distance mode?

Ans : Read CCS(Leave Rules), rule 50 as advised on other thread.

4, If i am entitled to leaves,can my school VP and staff keep calling me to school on one pretext or other,in the name of unavoidable school work?

Ans : Yes. Every leave can be cancelled any time, in the interest of the organisation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 August 2014

The demand for an undertaking is the usual procedure followed by the management of any organisation, this being a government organisation, you may have to comply with the requirement envisaged in the law for the purpose.  Other things have been explained in detail by expert Mr. Sudhir Kumar, I endorse his views.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 August 2014

You are not the first or last teacher of Delhi Govt seeking permission for higher studies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register