Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mani manohar (M.Sc)     29 May 2013

Intercaste marriage

Dear SIr,

I belong to Hindu caste by birth. My parents belong to Hindu by birth(my parents still belong to Hindu ) 

However, I married a Christian SC man. At first We married in the human rights commission office. After 1 Month Due to family reasons,  I had to take baptism and undergo a church marriage. 

But, I did not practise Christianity from day 1 of my marriage. I am still a practising Hindu. I did not change my name. I still bore a Hindu name. I have the same Hindu name in my Christian marriage certificate.

I did not change my name in any documents, I did not change my surname in any documents. I did not change my community certificate. 

But I am yet to re register my marriage under Special marriage act, 1954. 

My question is, even before re registering my marriage under the special marriage act, will I be able to avail the benefits of reservation?

To be more specific, I am in a situation to apply for an exam immediately availing a reservation benefit(age relaxation), but I haven't re registered my marriage yet. Can I apply for the exam first, then before the examination process ends(it takes an year), can I re register my marriage in the mean while? Will there be a legal problem in the future in this scenario?  OR, 

since I did not change any documents or my name and being a practising Hindu, is it true that I don't even have to re register my marriage? (The exam or the selection process does not ask me to produce a marriage certificate anywhere). I am worried only about envious people who might dig out the fact that I got married in a church and hold that fact against me in the future. Please explain.

And aslo I would like to know the procedure that how and where i can apply for an intercast marriage award?

Thanks very much

Sincerely

Mani

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

@Querist,

1.Yes,you can very much avail the benefit of reservation regardless of your marriage status.

2.Since you both belong to a different community, you should get your marriage registerd under SPA 1954.

3.The format is availabe in the said Act.You can download the same.The procedure is also given.

4.If you are unable to do what is mentioned in point number 3,you can search related topics by typing 'inter-religion marriage' in the search box.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register