Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreethy nair   08 May 2018

Intercaste Marriage

Hello, 

I bride got married With the groom on 27-04-2018 in arya samajam without the notice of Girls family as they where against this marriage as I am A Nair girl and Boy is ST caste, but this marriage is done with the witness of boys family, now after the marriage bride is back to her home as she had some of the paper works to do in the place she works I.e resignation and all. Groom works in army
I have some queries to be answered (THANKS IN ADVANCE) 
1. What actions should I take legally before I leave the home so that my parents do not file any complaints or take any illegal actions against me to my husband or my husbands family 
2. What all intercaste marriage facilities will get as this is done under special marriage act.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 May 2018

If you people (husband and wife) are major, bride being 18 years  at the time marriage and groom being 21 years, no one can do anything legally against your marriage and none of the family can against any one of you.

Apply for marriage certificate if not done so far and enjoy your life.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 May 2018

One part is already responded above..

The LOCAL social welfare officer and your own very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil matters and having successful track record ….. and worth his/her salt …and well versed with state govt notifications can guide you in person and guide the best. You may also discuss in person with seasoned and well informed community leaders and PIP to guide  and proceed in best of your interest.. 

The title of the query is for Intercaste Marriage.

The (Tamilnadu) state Govt pages on Intercaste Marriage; https://www.tn.gov.in/scheme/data_view/83331

https://www.tn.gov.in/scheme/data_view/83416

Likewise check for your state!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register