LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Kumar   29 March 2017

Inter religion marriage

Hello, I am S kumar i want to marry with my girl friend(zoya) but i am hindu and my girl friend is muslim, both are in love from 3 years now we want to marry, but from our family side not clearly Ok for this marriage, so please help me sir, we want to marry Legally, beacause in future we don't want any problems. and my gf is ready to come in hindu tradition she is very sure and happy to being hindu traditional women. pls Advise me sir, we want in very short time(about in 10 days ) to married we both legally and with marriage certificate. so we want to marry Legal with marriage Certificate i am very confuse what to do..... please help me sir we are very thankful to Lawyersclubindia. we are waiting to your reply sir Thanks

Learning

17 Replies

stanley (Freedom)     29 March 2017

you can get your marriage registered under special marriage act .Consult a local advocate and he will do the needful .But it is better to get both side of the family taken into confidence .

S Kumar   29 March 2017

now our family are not clearly ok  

you please give me short way to marriage in some days 

stanley (Freedom)     29 March 2017

Consult advocate and go to registration office .Already stated above special marriage act and you would require 3 witness.

At first love is blind . When misunderstanding crops up than you will face DV and 498 A devilcrying

(Guest)

Originally posted by : S Kumar Hello, I am S kumar i want to marry with my girl friend(zoya) but i am hindu and my girl friend is muslim, both are in love from 3 years now we want to marry, but from our family side not clearly Ok for this marriage, so please help me sir, we want to marry Legally, beacause in future we don't want any problems. and my gf is ready to come in hindu tradition she is very sure and happy to being hindu traditional women. pls Advise me sir, we want in very short time(about in 10 days ) to married we both legally and with marriage certificate. so we want to marry Legal with marriage Certificate i am very confuse what to do..... please help me sir we are very thankful to Lawyersclubindia. we are waiting to your reply sir Thanks Mudiyadu. Not done. Dont even try. Inter community marriage wont succeed. If your penis is hungry, mastrubate or have consensual s*x with girl who is 19 by booking hotel room. Just for 2 minutes pleasure dont spoil entire life of yours and also girls by marrying.

Mudiyadu. Not done. Dont even try. Inter community marriage wont succeed. If your penis is hungry, mastrubate or have consensual s*x with girl who is 19 by booking hotel room. Just for 2 minutes pleasure dont spoil entire life of yours and also girls by marrying.

Mukesh sharma (job )     29 March 2017

Hello S . kumar if you want to marry with muslim girl than you need to register yourself for special marriage act and consultant with family lawyer who give you better advice in your case.

S Kumar   30 March 2017

ok sir

thanks for your advise

@mukesh sharma

S Kumar   30 March 2017

r u crazy?

u don"t help people then why r u  thinking wrong.

@helping hand

stanley (Freedom)     30 March 2017

Hindu-Muslim Love Allowed By Gujarat High Court

Written by Sabrangindia Staff | Published on: November 29, 2016

The Gujarat HC permitted a 19-year-old Hindu girl to live-in with her Muslim boyfriend, who is just 20 years old and is currently ineligible for marriage.

According to the case details, the boy and girl studied together in school and were in love since their school days.

Hindu Muslim livein

In a case not unusual for India’s syncretic and plural society, the Gujarat High Court permitted a couple, a Hindu girl and Muslim boy, to co-habit in far flung Dhanera, Gujarat. According to a report in The Times of India,Gujarat high court permitted a 19-year-old Hindu girl to live-in with her Muslim boyfriend, who is just 20 years old and is currently ineligible for marriage.

While permitting this reunion to take place on the wishes of the girl in a remote town of Dhanera in the border district of Banaskantha, a bench of Justice Akil Kureshi and Justice Biren Vaishnav observed, "Our society puts considerable stress on the institution of marriage and its sanctity. Instances of live-in relationship are largely confined to metro cities and other urban centres. Despite this, we must recognize our legal limitation in forcing an adult person of sound mind to stay at a place she does not want. Correspondingly, we also must recognize that we do not have the power to prevent the girl who is 19 years of age and is of sound mind from exercising her choice and joining the petitioner (her boyfriend), if she so desires."

In this particular case, the boy and girl studied together in school and were in love since their school days. Neither is ready to change his/her religion and the only option left is to have their marriage registered under the Special Marriages Act. The girl is eligible for this as she is above 18, but the boy is not because he is not yet 21.This limitation led them to notarize a `maitri karaar' (a friendship agreement used in Gujarat to formalize live-in relationships) in Julythis year . However, the girl's parents forcibly took her away in September. The boy approached the HC by filing a habeas corpus petition that his girlfriend was detained by her parents against her wishes and that she should be set free. When the court issued a notice, the Banaskantha police brought the girl before the court, where she said that she and her boyfriend would get married as soon as he turns 21.She did not want to live with her parents.

The court asked the boy to file an affidavit that he would marry the girl on turning 21.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 March 2017

There are no quick ways to get a valid marriage. There are two ways to get married. One is to go to the office of Registrar of Marriages and register your marriage under Special Marriages Act. The Hindu will remain Hindu and the Muslim will remain Muslim even after the marriage. The Sub-Registrar will advise you of the procedure and the time it will take to register the marriage.

Alternatively you go to the nearest Arya Samaj Mandir, both of you get converted to Aryasamaj. The Aryasamaj can conduct your marriage under the 'Arya Samaj Marriage Validation Act' Here the procedure can be comparatively faster.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : stanley
Hindu-Muslim Love Allowed By Gujarat High Court

Written by Sabrangindia Staff | Published on: November 29, 2016

facebook

twitter

email

The Gujarat HC permitted a 19-year-old Hindu girl to live-in with her Muslim boyfriend, who is just 20 years old and is currently ineligible for marriage.

According to the case details, the boy and girl studied together in school and were in love since their school days.

In a case not unusual for India’s syncretic and plural society, the Gujarat High Court permitted a couple, a Hindu girl and Muslim boy, to co-habit in far flung Dhanera, Gujarat. According to a report in The Times of India,Gujarat high court permitted a 19-year-old Hindu girl to live-in with her Muslim boyfriend, who is just 20 years old and is currently ineligible for marriage.

While permitting this reunion to take place on the wishes of the girl in a remote town of Dhanera in the border district of Banaskantha, a bench of Justice Akil Kureshi and Justice Biren Vaishnav observed, "Our society puts considerable stress on the institution of marriage and its sanctity. Instances of live-in relationship are largely confined to metro cities and other urban centres. Despite this, we must recognize our legal limitation in forcing an adult person of sound mind to stay at a place she does not want. Correspondingly, we also must recognize that we do not have the power to prevent the girl who is 19 years of age and is of sound mind from exercising her choice and joining the petitioner (her boyfriend), if she so desires."

In this particular case, the boy and girl studied together in school and were in love since their school days. Neither is ready to change his/her religion and the only option left is to have their marriage registered under the Special Marriages Act. The girl is eligible for this as she is above 18, but the boy is not because he is not yet 21.This limitation led them to notarize a `maitri karaar' (a friendship agreement used in Gujarat to formalize live-in relationships) in Julythis year . However, the girl's parents forcibly took her away in September. The boy approached the HC by filing a habeas corpus petition that his girlfriend was detained by her parents against her wishes and that she should be set free. When the court issued a notice, the Banaskantha police brought the girl before the court, where she said that she and her boyfriend would get married as soon as he turns 21.She did not want to live with her parents.

The court asked the boy to file an affidavit that he would marry the girl on turning 21.

Stanley ji,

What do you propose by this? That boy and girl go till SC to get married?  

@querist,

This is not the only instance where kids have gone to Hon SC just to get married or prove marriage as legal.  Jaggesh and parimala case went to SC long long back.. Jaggesh married underage girl and I think even he was underage.  Case went on till they actually turned 21.  He had both money and guts to pursue matter.  

Do you have it in you?  Take tips from Jaggesh, who is now MLA in Karnataka.  His number is available on his website.  Both Jaggesh and Parimala are happily married with grown up kids now.  

These days love marriage do, some little jhagda, girl go sit in father house, father marry her off to someone else or simply file abduction case, rape case on boy, boy go sit in jail.

Love marriage takes lot of patience and trust, which is seldom there in todays kids.  Think and proceed.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     02 April 2017

Why unnecessirily confuse things? The Gujarar High Court case is not relevant to that of Mr. Kumar.

Mr. Kumar has not stated how old he is and how old the Muslim girl is. We have to presume that at least Mr. Kumar is 21 and the Muslim girl is 18 or more.

The age of eligibility for marriage under law is 21 for men whereas the age for reaching majority and right to decide things on one's own is 18 for both men and women. The High Court had to decide in the Gujerat case because the boy was between 18 and 21. As Mr. Kumar is presumably above 21 the Gujarat High Court case is not relevant in his case. Mr. Kumar has not sought the personal opinions or advisability/inadvisability of Hindu-Muslim marriages. Hence the debate between Mr.Stanley and Mr. Helping Hand are not relevant to him.

Legally two options are open to Mr. Kumar and his Muslim girl-friend as I have already stated. In the case of Special Marriages Act the question of religion of their children can arise later. In the case of Arya Samaj marriage the children will automatically be Arya Samajis. Both have support of Acts of Legislatures. I strictly state the legal position with no personal advice.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech]
Why unnecessirily confuse things? The Gujarar High Court case is not relevant to that of Mr. Kumar.

Mr. Kumar has not stated how old he is and how old the Muslim girl is. We have to presume that at least Mr. Kumar is 21 and the Muslim girl is 18 or more.

The age of eligibility for marriage under law is 21 for men whereas the age for reaching majority and right to decide things on one's own is 18 for both men and women. The High Court had to decide in the Gujerat case because the boy was between 18 and 21. As Mr. Kumar is presumably above 21 the Gujarat High Court case is not relevant in his case. Mr. Kumar has not sought the personal opinions or advisability/inadvisability of Hindu-Muslim marriages. Hence the debate between Mr.Stanley and Mr. Helping Hand are not relevant to him.

Legally two options are open to Mr. Kumar and his Muslim girl-friend as I have already stated. In the case of Special Marriages Act the question of religion of their children can arise later. In the case of Arya Samaj marriage the children will automatically be Arya Samajis. Both have support of Acts of Legislatures. I strictly state the legal position with no personal advice.

Sir,

It is relevant, one who reads will try to understand matter in different way.  Point here is, marriage to be done one should be balik.  Being balik is not just enough.  Lot of things go into marriage.  Procedure can be followed which ever suits, the party to get married.  What I am saying is one should not ask how to get married to anyone.  If a person needs to get married, much information is available on the internet.  Just by reading one can find out where how and what.

If one is still asking suggestions whether to marry or not, the person is still immature where he needs people to tell him do this and that.  Such person is unfit to get married.  To lead married life one should be independent in each and every way possible.  Only then marriage will be successful.

stanley (Freedom)     05 April 2017

Originally posted by : stanley
you can get your marriage registered under special marriage act .Consult a local advocate and he will do the needful .But it is better to get both side of the family taken into confidence .

Read inbetween the lines what i had stated first . The second referrence that was stated somewhere in lawyers club that intercaste marriages are not allowed in gujarat hence the reference of the High court of Gujarat .

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     05 April 2017

Dear Querist

You can contact a lawyer in your area or you can come to me.

first of all, the girl should be convert in Hindus if she faith on the Hindu traditions and then your marriage will be performed before the Priest of Temple or Arya Samaz and the same day you can get the marriage certificate and conversion certificate of the girl.

No need to Worry, this is only one day work. Feel Free to Call

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register