LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manikyamba (Lecturer )     26 April 2008

Intellectual Property Rights

Patents, designs, copyrights and trademark are industrial property as they are used in some form of industry or business. They are also aptly termed intellectual property since they are the products of pure intellectual effort. Attempts have been made from time to time to expand the boundaries of Intellectual property and to convert a protective law into a source of monopoly.

COMPARITIVE ANALYSIS OF PATENT, COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK

PATENT

COPYRIGHT

TRADEMARK

Right Protected

Right conferred in respect of a new invention to manufacture the product patented or use the process patented.

Right conferred in respect of original, literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works, cinematograph film and records.

Right conferred to use a particular mark, which may be a symbol, word, device applied to articles of commerce to indicate the distinctiveness of goods.

Time Period

14 years and in case of food and drugs 5 or 7 years.

Life time plus 50 years for literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works. 50 years from year of publication for records.

7 years and may be renewed from time to time.

Who Can Register

Actual inventor or an assignee of the right to make an application or legal representative of either.

The author or publisher of, or owner of or other person interested in the copyright in any work.

Proprietor of the trademark and application may be made in the name of an individual, partners of a Firm, Corporation, Government department or Trust.

Commercial Use

Assigning rights or licensing them to industrialists for a lump sum payment or royalty basis.

By assigning or licensing the right to others on a royalty or lump sum basis.

Licensing the right by registration of the licensee as a registered user.

Remedy For Infringe-ment

Injunction, Damages, Accounts of profits.

Civil, Criminal, Administrative.

Injunction, Damages, Accounts of profits

Learning

4 Replies

Guest (n/a)     27 April 2008

Dear Sir, I (Pradeep Kumar Gangwar) persuing LL.M from National Law University from lucknow. Sir i am interested in Intrainship under your kind consideration.I had Read Trade mark, Copy Right, Patent, Trade Secrate Agriculture&IPR, Traditional Knowledge, Its extra.I humble request to you Please allow me for Intrainship.My Resume Is attached with This application Thakyou here should i go????????

Guest (n/a)     29 April 2008

Hi, Mr. Pradeep, the knowledge i shared in only only out of my collection and i am working in a Pvt. Company.

Guest (n/a)     30 April 2008

interested to be with you for further interaction

Guest (n/a)     01 May 2008

always welcome, let me also know about you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register