LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat (Engineer)     18 October 2012

Insurance claims towards non medical expenses

I have medical insurance for my family. Recently I utilized the cashless hospitalization for my family member.

During discharge from the hospital, the hospital billing section asked me to pay certain amount towards "Non-Medical expenses".

When I checked the Bill contents of non-medical expenses, they were all containing the medical related components say Sterile Gloves, Syringes, Bandages, ECG electrodes and such items...

The hospital had procured these items, from their internal pharmacy, which are mandatorily needed for the treatment of a patient when in Surgery theatre or in ICU.

When these were actvely used for the medical purposes, how can the Billing section say that these are the non-medical expenses and the insured party has to pay it?

Please help to understand this clause.

Many Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     19 October 2012

you may contact Mr. Mahesh Dalmia t 9869015722 (Mumbai). He is an expert in insurance and is working in insurance sector since last 30 years. he may provide you valubale advice against a payment of nominl consultation fees.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 September 2013

All sterilized items and prescribed by the doctors are payable by the medical insurance companies.Generallly ICU medical items are sterilized and prescribed. Therefore treated as medical expenses. 

NRI Legal Consulting (Consultant)     05 September 2013

If you have medical insurance for your family then all items which are preffered by doctors are paid by Medical Insurance Company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register