LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMESH (EFGH)     07 May 2013

Insurance claim under mact

My nephew lost his father ( being my brother ) in 2004 in a road accident. My brother was a passenger in the vehicle , and he was the only one to have died , with other three including driver having survived with injuries. We had made application for insurance claim for my brother , under Third Party Claim , against the insurance company of the vehicle he was in , and the other vehicle involved in the accident.

The case having wound its way from lower court , being contested on various grounds by both insurance companies , was disposed of with claim settlement of about Rs.13 Lacs , in favour of my Sister - in - Law and her son ( being by Late Brother's son ) in 2008. The matter went up on appeal to High Court - Civil Misc Appeal , in 2009 , which has been disposed off by the Learned Court in our favour , this year , with a direction to settle claim. The order seems to have been passed on to the orginating court.

In the meantime , my sister in law , expired last year , leaving my brother's son as the only surviving claimant to the proceeds of insurance.

The advocate representing our case , after obtaining certain documents signed by my nephew , including receipt for a partial sum of money , to be filed in the court , last month , now says the opposite party insurance company has gone on appeal .

In the entire process , we do not have any certified copy of the court order's , either lower court , or the High Court.

My query , is , how do we obtain a certified copy of order from the Registrar of Court , both lower court and higher court, directly,

Learning

2 Replies

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     07 May 2013

yes... u can get the certified copy of tyhe documents.

k.aaronic (ombudsman)     22 March 2015

you can file a copy application  before the honarable court  for the certified copies  & you can seek the help of typist  who are well avaliable in the court premises & they can do this kob easliy

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register