Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Laya (abc)     15 December 2013

Inheritence

Hi,

I am 30 years old unmarried woman.I have recently come to know that my father had inherited some acres of ancestral land in his ancestral village.He had always kept it secret from me.I have a younger brother who is 27 years old and is married.My family has always told me to look after myself and that they will not be able to help me in any way anytime.I want to know when would be best time to file for my share in ancestral lands. Should I file for it now or wait till father's death as I may get half of the lands then?

Also, If I do marry someone later in my life from another caste, will I still get my share in ancestral lands, or will it create a problem?

Learning

5 Replies

GOPAL SHARMA (LAWYER)     15 December 2013

YOU CAN SEEK YOUR  SHARE IN ANCESTRAL PROPERTY BEFORE MARRIAGE OR AFTER MARRIAGE.THIS IS YOUR LEGAL RIGHT.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 December 2013

The earlier is better to file suit for partition, however, marriage is irrelevant in this scenario. Engage a local lawyer

Laya (abc)     16 December 2013

Will I still get my legal right if I marry someone my father might not approve of? Or do I have to listen to my father all my life to get this legal right?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 December 2013

Ms. Laya,

Please read my advise again and act, if you feel so. 

Laya (abc)     17 December 2013

Ok sir, thank you for answering my query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register