Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

perumal   22 November 2015

Inheritance property rights even sense some type of fraud al

Hi,

I am grandson what to know reg property issue in Tamilnadu.Does my mother has  rights in his father property My mother father is still alive & he doesn't want to give  share to my mother.Currently his 3 (X,Y,Z.) brothers has divided the property between them self without informing my mother. In which Y has sold one piece of land recently.

Now we doubt that that Y has also transfer some property which was divided to X&Z as both are uneducated & they don't know to read& write. They Y is educated.

The reason we doubt is that he used to tell all the property papers are in Bank as they have taken loan from nationalized bank. Now if the land is mortgaged then how he can sell it. (X&Z) brothers also doesnt know how he sold the property.

Regards,

Perumal

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 November 2015

If the property is self acquired/self earned by your grandfather then only your grandfather can sell/gift/transfer/mortgage etc................

First of all obtain certified copies of all property related documents from local revenue official and understand the nature/status of the property, in the hands of your grandfather.................

If it is ancestral and grandfather is alive then your mother may succeed to get her share.

You may consult an able counsel.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 November 2015

If it was your grandfather's self acquired property, he can very well partition/settle the property favoring his three sons alone, your mother has no right to claim any share in it especially during his life time. 

If Y is selling others share also, the others can file a suit to cancel such illegal sales or make a complaint with the police about this. 

perumal   22 November 2015

Hi,

My mother gave some money around 20yrs ago to buy some properties which was registered in my grandfather name.They told that when there will be partiation in property they will divide into 4 instead of 3.

Is there any way X daughter can claim rights in propery as she is married to my elder brother only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register