Inheritance property

Grandfather died 26 years ago with no will and paper. Now i want to sell the property. I know and am prepared that it is a long process.

Can you please suggest what should be my next steps. My father had 5 siblings 2 have died. Please let me know the next steps i need to do to get legal ownership?

Regards

Thanks for your advice!

FIN

It is believed that you are all Hindu.

Confirm!

FIN

The estate/property is self acquired or ancestral, rural,urban, agriculural land and in which state?

FIN

In case succession of property of Hindu Male: 1st right is of ClassI legal heirs ie. Mother (if alive as on date of death), Wife (if alive as on date of death), sons and daughters (predeceased and alive as on date of death)……….  

Central Government Act

The Hindu Succession Act, 1956;8,9,10

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/685111/

The nature of property that devolves by inheritance is : self acquired.

FIN

Is your father alive if yes, he can act in the matter.

The procedure, process, forms for such simple matters of inheritance ; 'Intestate Succession' are available in O/o Authority under whose jurisdiction property falls say;MC, and even on website.

Death certificate, legal heir certificate is basic requirement.

Check with concerned official say; Patwaari.

Obtain updated mutation records subsequent to which legal heirs attain rights equal to that of owner.

Originally posted by : UDAYRAJSJS
Grandfather died 26 years ago with no will and paper. Now i want to sell the property. I know and am prepared that it is a long process.

Can you please suggest what should be my next steps. My father had 5 siblings 2 have died. Please let me know the next steps i need to do to get legal ownership?

Regards

Father is alive but other siblings are not in talking terms and obtaining NOC from them will be next to impossible.

Wife and mother are dead. 5 siblings were there 2 have died. No one has claimed the property yet. No legal dispute.

We have possesion of the property for more than 30 years and electricity and tax are on my fathers name.

Religion - Hindu State- Delhi

FIN

NOC is not required, since NO valid WILL is left by deceased owner, as per your post.

Since your father seems to be alive.

He can act as legal heir. 

FIN

Same Query:

http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=153883&offset=0

FIN

Obtain mutation records with all link docs from O/O Authority.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu

web analytics