Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourabh   07 March 2017

Informing the court regarding change of address

Dear Members of LCI

I filed case of divorce and in after that my wife file case of  DV Act and . 498a/406 IPC

I am appearing in every court and following every order like paying maintenance and there is no adverse order against me till date.

But I have shifted my residence last month as i have purchased new house. I have informed my new address this month to the court who was hearing my divorce case.

But i havn't submitted any affidavit in rest of two cases (i.e. DV act and 498a) because the next date of hearing is yet to come.

Question:

When i submitt information of change in address during 498a proceedings should i take my bailer along with me or no need of bailer only affidavit will be sufficiant?

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

It is left to discretion of the Magistrate whether to issue warrant or not based upon you not being found in the address that you have provided to the court. So will be the consequences for the person who gave you surety. It is always good to inform the court about change in address and also to the bailer so that he wont be troubled.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register