Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mallieswaran (Student)     24 August 2014

Incorrect name in property document

Hi All,

Need you help. My dad bought a property 18 years ago. In early days, my dad was called by two names RAVI and RAVINDAR. He registered his property in the name of RAVI but in ration card, voters card, Aadhar card, bank account all in the name of RAVINDAR.

Also, in all my documents like Passport, Driving licence, Pancard, Income tax return forms I have given my dad name as RAVINDAR. I wanted to know if there will be any legal issues while applying loan on house or if i want to sell the property on future? If yes, how to handle this?

I checked with few lawyers and they said to fill a Gazetted application mentioning RAVI and RAVINDAR are same and in future his name will be carry forward as RAVINDAR. Is this enough? 

Regards,

Mallieswaran

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 August 2014

no.  a rectification deed correcting the name of your father as RAVINDAR instead of RAVI.   and this rectification deed shall be registered with a minimum stamp duty and fees.the document shall be executed by the vendor in the previous document.

Mallieswaran (Student)     25 August 2014

Hi,

But I heard for rectification deed we need to bring the person who sold the property to us also. It is not possible since the property is sold 18 years before and we dont have his contact.

Regards,

Mallieswaran

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 September 2014

if the vendor of document who executed is not found, his legal heirs may execute the rectification deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register