Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Reddy   20 September 2017

Incorrect name in 22 years old sale deed

Dear All,

I am planning to buy a plot from my relative who is 65 years old and currently setteled in Ireland. He bought this plot in the year 1995.

The problem here is his name in his indian passport, educational documents and other ids is SURENDER YALLAMPALLY REDDY S/O O Y Reddy but in the sale deed of the plot it is mentioned as SURI Reddy s/o O Y Reddy.

I would like to request you all to kindly let me know the legal process for correcting his name in the 22 years old sale deed so that once his name is corrected I can go ahead and buy the plot.

Regards,

Arun

Learning

9 Replies

manu seth (N/A)     20 September 2017

A clarification in this regard be given in any newspaper having circulation in the local area that both the names are of one and same person . This would serve the purpose.
1 Like

Kunal Sama   20 September 2017

Dear sir with dully respect I recommend you that your deed will be corrected by the way of Supplementary Deed..
1 Like

SANTOSH GANGUL (lawyer)     20 September 2017

Please Kindly make A affidavit of that person stating both the names person is same and publish in news paper in local limits of your city. Then After some days you can commit for sale and purchase.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 September 2017

Have you contacted the SRO or the local document writer?

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 September 2017

Pls respond to Mr. P Venu's points..

1 Like

Dear Venu,

Thanks for your reply

I have visited the registration office today to meet the sub registrar but I was told that he is out of office till 22/9/2017.

Yes I have already contacted one document writer to get some inputs regarding my case, he wasnt 100% sure but he told me 2 ways of doing it.

1) Rectification deed : For applying the rectification deed My Uncle and the person from whom my uncle bought the plot 22 years back should come to the SRO office and sign the freshly prepared document mentioning the correct name as per his Passport.

or

2)  Alias : He has asked me to mention his both names in my sale deed and mention one name as Alias

SURI REDDY ALIAS SURENDER YALLAMPALLY REDDY

Regards,

Arun

Dear Kunal,

Thanks for your reply

I think for the supplementary/rectification deed the person from whom my uncle bought the plot should come to the SRO office and sign the new deed in presence of the Sub Registrar, correct?  but in this case I am unable to trace the seller from whom my uncle bought the plot. 

Regards,

Arun

Arun Reddy   21 September 2017

Dear Santosh,

Thanks for your reply

My Uncle is in Dublin-Ireland , Can I make an affidavit on his behalf or should I ask my uncle to prepare an affidavit and send it to me so that I can place an ad in the local news papers.

And after placing the ad should I mention his both names in my sale deed mentioning one name as Alias?

waiting for your reply

Regards,

A Reddy

Arun Reddy   21 September 2017

Dear Manu,

Thank you so much for your reply

Can I publish the ad on behalf of my uncle and after placing the ad should I mention his both names or just his correct name as per his passport in my sale deed?

Regards,

Arun

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register