Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Kumar Gupta (Advocate)     31 May 2016

Income tax returns file ay 2014-15 now

Dear Sir / Madam Ji

I Gaurav Kr Gupta, working as an Advocate in Taxation, now i want to some other procedure....., if client not file income tax return for AY 2014-15 (FY 2013-14), if you have any way of file income tax returns, if client give application to higher Authority , actually client is Army Person (lower categary) but not knowladage for income tax but department deduct tax Rs 40000/- plus, but that person not filed returns till now .......

So I want to help that person for claim TDS if you have any way so pls tell me

Wait for your valuable reply

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Kr Gupta, Agra

Learning

5 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     01 June 2016

At any given point of time, you cannot file return for more than 2 years. Hence, the due date for filing of income tax return for 2014-2015 is extended til 31st August, 2016 and if you miss this deadline too, the same can be filed by you till 31st March 2017 without any penalty(Belated Returns)

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     01 June 2016

It is very unfortunate that the Army authorities never bother to help lower Rank persons. I had my neighbour's son having a similar problem. They dededucted TDS of Re59,000/-; he is a Sepoy. Luckily we filed the ITR within the year and got back the Refund. Also it is unfortunate that the Record Offices of Army do not supply Form 16 downloaded from TDS. I took up these issues with Area Commander so that such people are helped. All the Area HQ did was a Post Office job of sending copies to Regimental Centres. Nothing has improved.

Added to that, this Sepoy reportes that some persons were approaching them with TDS details and promising to get refund for a fee of 5,000/-. I personally feel CAs should take with CBDT to exempt Defence Personal.

No soldier fighting for us at Siachen or other places or Sailor in a submarine has time to worry about IT and due dates.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     01 June 2016

It is for the government to take care of such things.There are certain rules and regulations framed for deducting tax from the government servants,but the officials themselves are not well versed  with them.

balas (Chartered)     04 June 2016

Hi Gaurav,

In your case,

Fin year : 2013-14, A.Y : 14-15.

As  you have not filed ITR in time,  alternatively :

a. You should have filed the ITR 'before the expiry of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year' i.e. 31/03/2016 or before the completion of the assessment, whichever is earlier.

b. As your case is time barred, you can still file the ITR by paper filing (not efiling). Visit your ITO and seek help. You need to prepare :

b.1. ITR,

b.2. A letter to condone delay

b.3.  File Form 30 if there is a tax refund as well along with the ITR.

Hope this helps.

Balaji Srini, FCA., LL.B

sanjeev   07 June 2016

HI,

My wife sold her ancestral propert in may 2016. Her father purchased that property in 2002 for rs 300000 assumed .Now we sold at rs9000000assumed .what will be the tax laibilty on her. Please can you help me out in this matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register