Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chander shekhar   17 November 2017

Income tax examption

sir,

Im rendering my service in sikkim and paying the income tex since 2008and I belongs to ST catogery. Can i get the benefit of income tax  exemption under article10(26) of income tax act 1961.My area of working comes under trible belt and i want to know that whether the article 10(26) applies in sikkim or not. If yes please tell me the process.

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 November 2017

According to Clause 4 of the Finance Bill, a new clause, christened (26 AAA) is proposed to be inserted in Section 10, whereby the income of a Sikkimese individual from any income arising out of the state of Sikkim has been exempted from income tax. Not only that, his dividend income from anywhere is also proposed to be exempted. And all this, with retrospective effect. 
Specifically, the words are: Any income, which accrues or arises to a Sikkimese individual from any source in the state of Sikkim or by way of dividend or interest on securities, shall not be included in the total income of such individual.

chander shekhar   17 November 2017

Thnx for ur reply sir,but here I forgot to mention that im not a bonafied of sikkim. I belongs to himachal Pradesh and renderinging my service  under MHRD in sikkim. I belongs to a tribal community.Please let me know that can I get tax relaxation or not.

Thnx.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register