LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

devdatta mohanty (student)     08 February 2018

Inaction of police

can anyone give me a format of Writ Petition Criminal for the inaction of Police for not taking any step in a case even after lodging a FIR... kindly its urgent

Learning

6 Replies

TGK REDDI   08 February 2018

Writ is not applicable.     You can file a Complaint in the Court.      But before that I suggest that you should take the matter to the senior of the police.

sir i have already sent a representation to the head of Police Departments.. However no action has been taken yet. so now i need a WP(Crl) or CRLMP format for filing a case in the High Court for the inaction of Police. Kindly help me sir.

sir i have already sent a representation to the head of Police Departments.. However no action has been taken yet. so now i need a WP(Crl) or CRLMP format for filing a case in the High Court for the inaction of Police. Kindly help me sir.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     11 February 2018

Writ Petition is not possible in your case. File private complaint before local court. 

TGK REDDI   11 February 2018

Agree with Shri Shirish Pawar.

sachin sharma (Advocate)     19 June 2018

writ of mandamus can certainly be filed in such cases in the High court or Supreme court. It is the legal boundation on police to forward a charge sheet without unnecessary delay. As u r saying that u have already requested the senior officers to confirm the status of FIR, however no satisfactory answer was given, you have all the right to approach High Court by writ of Mandamus or file 156(3) in the MM court first. This is the common grievance of people that first police do not register the FIR and if by any chance due to pressure they register the FIR, do not work on it. On enquiring they simply say inverstigation is going on. Writ is a constitutional remedy and no format is mentioned. Just write it like a petition and proceed with a strong contentions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register