Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MrDinoMorea (O)     12 September 2013

In india, are cross gender massages legal or banned?

In India, are cross gender massages legal or banned? What does the law say about it?

Learning

10 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 September 2013

1.    It is legal.

2.    It is covered under ‘health’ ‘social  services’ if Newspaper advertisement columns are to be believed till no illegal gratification activity caught or complained about.

3.     However, in 2009 a Division Bench of Madras HC cleared running of cross gender spa (massages) services in the city citing there was no Law regulating the field in a famous case by a local Spa owner complaining against local Police high handed actions stopping him to carry forward such cross gender massage services shop in the city. 

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 September 2013

See detailed Judgment of Madras HC

Attached File : 60303543 m hc says spa massage servcies is ok to run in absence of any law.txt downloaded: 725 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 September 2013

massages spa is covered under health services, be it a cross gender or other wise, there is no illegality in it except when caught red handed during raid over the prostitution activities

1 Like

Apsara (Am here to tackle fake lawyers cum doctors ;))     15 September 2013

Originally posted by : Tajobsindia

1.    It is legal.

2.    It is covered under ‘health’ ‘social  services’ if Newspaper advertisement columns are to be believed till no illegal gratification activity caught or complained about

Yes mr morea.go ahead and get yourself massaged,since tajobs has confidently told you to do so.

he himself frequents these places i think,yherefore he says that he has not been caught till now.;)

Apsara (Am here to tackle fake lawyers cum doctors ;))     15 September 2013

you can also taker his advice on which massage parlour will be the besr,because he's experienced ....................you know :kiss

sangram (CIO)     17 September 2013

Why is no-one siting the actual link for law?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     17 September 2013

Originally posted by : sangram

Why is no-one siting the actual link for law?

Rejoinder:
Why you are not reading the Law as laid down by Madras HC which was submitted by me here 5 days ago and has seen some 5 download already?

1 Like

alia_alian (journalism)     17 September 2013

@Mr Sangam,

Massage is a money matter .It does not depend upon law.We are living in a democratic country where we can use our own property and money freely.So if it needs law then we will some day need law to hang out in restaurants or go in a swimming pool..but some jealous media person and cameraman of visual media some time create problem and make these service takers to cover the face with their hanky or palm... :D:P:P

But Nina Rakheja's husband is very concious about these services and keeps taking moongfali to keep skin flawless and hence take spa /Cross massage regularly.So I sometime feel pity for her too!;)

p

p

Tajob sir, please don't mind ha?;)

NRI Legal Consulting (Consultant)     18 September 2013

It is legal. It is covered under ‘health’ ‘social services’.
1 Like

Rohit   10 January 2019

Iam running spa n same condition with us . I cant download the copy of law . Can forward copy to me once . Now Its legal in india right sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register