Remember | Register | Forgot Password?
Bookmark This Page   RSS Feeds  Follow On Twitter

Search for Lawyers          

Please Wait ..

Discussion > Others > General Discussion > Importing Blank pistols   Unanswered Threads Post New Topic

Pages : 1 2

There are 15 Replies to this message

Neerraj Obhaan

Manager
[ Scorecard : 36]
Posted On 24 May 2011 at 19:55 Report Abuse

Hello there:

I am Neerraj, and I'd like to know if I can import blank/starter pistols from the US. Someone told me that I will need to have a police NOC for that. Its a toy- it looks, make noise, and functions like a real firearm though, but it cant shoot projectiles. Need some ideas.

Thanks,

Neerraj.

Online certification courses in IP, IT and Social Media laws

Democratic Indian

n/a
[ Scorecard : 3833]
Posted On 24 May 2011 at 20:44 Report Abuse

People spread all kinds of disinformation. Who is the police to give you NOC? Please note that imitation firearms are not covered by Arms Act 1959. Your blank pistol would fall in category of imitation firearms. By the way if you are buying this imitation firearm with idea of scaring criminals, I will say that it is a very unwise decision because your oponent may think that you are drawing a real firearm to kill him and he may attack to kill you instantly in order to defend himself. Instead apply for an arms license and go for real firearm, it is your right.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/RKBA-guaranteed-under-Articles-19-and-21-of-Constitution-36011.asp

Neerraj Obhaan

Manager
Posted On 24 May 2011 at 22:28 Report Abuse

Thanks for the prompt revert. No, the idea is not to carry it on my belt, or to scare anyone. It's just for the sake of collection. They are sold at 45k to 50k in India. Just for a few more thousands, I could buy a real firearm.( of course, I need to have a license for it). So importing would help. They are available for 120 to 150 USD, could be shipped to India. Just needed clarification. I appreciate you took time to shed a light on this.

So, what are the rules to import the immitation firearms. I see them in the movies.

Thanks,

N.

Democratic Indian

n/a
Posted On 25 May 2011 at 08:53 Report Abuse

Please refer http://www.dgft.org/itc_hs_code.html for applicable ITC-HS Codes for details.

Neerraj Obhaan

Manager
Posted On 25 May 2011 at 09:09 Report Abuse

Thanks, the notification states that its FREE to import, but the user/purchaser has to obtain some kind of a licence/requisite. That part is unclear. If its not restricted, then what do they require, if its not a firearm? Confised!

Thanks,

N.

Democratic Indian

n/a
Posted On 25 May 2011 at 19:05 Report Abuse

Can you please provide details of the government document that says you have to obtain "kind of license" etc. for blank pistols. I am not able to figure out why would anyone need a "license" for a useless piece of imitation firearm that is not even covered by arms act. So many such imitation firearms for children are up for sale every year during diwali.

Democratic Indian

n/a
Posted On 25 May 2011 at 21:32 Report Abuse

Found an interesting picture for all to think and apply their minds.

Neerraj Obhaan

Manager
Posted On 26 May 2011 at 07:24 Report Abuse

Please check the word doc attached with this post. I have marked that part in yellow.

Thanks,

N.

Attached File (downloaded 1041 times) :

Neerraj Obhaan

Manager
Posted On 26 May 2011 at 07:33 Report Abuse

Loved the pic. Thanks for sharing. :)

Democratic Indian

n/a
Posted On 26 May 2011 at 14:05 Report Abuse

Read the document, the portion highlighted in yellow in that documents is applicable to those equipment that are arms/firearms etc. Blank pistols(use of word pistol is misleading since they are not pistols as per arms act), they are rather imitation firearms i.e. they only look like firearms. As per Arms Act 1959 they are neither arms nor firearms, please refer Section 2 of Arms Act 1959 to understand. When something is nor an arm or a firearm, the question of obtaining a license for it does not arise.

Related Files

Previous Thread
Previous
Next Thread
Next