LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit Kumar (IT)     28 April 2015

Illegally occupying my flat

I have my own property which i had purchased before i entered this failed marriage. My aged parents stay in small town 300kms away from the city.

My rogue in laws have locked out the door of my apartment owned by me and when i was visiting my parents . Now they took their daughter to their home and demanding huge alimony and maintenence.  

I have launched divorce case against her due to this harassment and staying at my parents place now since last 3 months.

Now when i tried breaking the lock, apartment security told me that they cannot allow me break the lock and asked me to take help from police. Police is not co-operating in this matter as they may have already been bribed by my inlaws. 

Kindly let me know the steps to enter my apartment which is owned only by me and not my wife or inlaws.

Learning

6 Replies

bsrao   28 April 2015

All you need is a locksmith as there no restraining order is against you. You do not need police to enter your own place. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 April 2015

Mr rao is right.you dont need to take the permissiion of police to break open your door nor listen to the security.just go ahead

Mr rao is right.you dont need to take the permissiion of police to break open your door nor listen to the security.just go ahead

MOHANASUNDARAM (ADVOCATE)     06 May 2015

ITS YOUR HOUSE SO JUST OPEN IT OR BREAK IT

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     06 May 2015

Its your own house. Break the lock and enter in. Security has no right to oppose but obey your order as you are a member of that society.

If security opposes you, show him a copy of your ownership and get into your house. Lodge a formal complaint against the security personnel in your housing society office and get a keep an acknowledgement duly signed by the authorised personnel. 

Do engage a local advocate and consult with him for the further legal steps. All legal technicalities can not be disclosed here without knowing all the facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register