Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bishan (N.A.)     25 August 2014

Illegal passport retention by another indian

Hi

I would like to have legal assistance on what to to be done if:

• my passport is retained by another Indian residing at another country?? 
  • referring to above question, could I apply for re issue of my passport??

The story behind this questions is that I had been a working partner in UAE in a company owned by an Indian. Few months back when my dad fell ill I had come down to India on an emergency leave but had to extend due to severity of illness. As I extended the leave the owner informed that he can't extend my leave and would look out for an alternate working partner. I confirmed to owner to look out for alternate options and the owner asked to send across the passport for cancellation of UAE visa. I had sent across my passport to owner for cancellation of visa.

Now the visa cancellation is over but the owner is not returning back the passport. The owner claims as I left on emergency it costed the company on operations and i had to pay him that amount in India before the passport is returned. Numerous attempts has been made by friends and relatives in UAE to collect the passport but the owner ignores them stating he wishes to talk with me directly. When  I try contacting he answers the calls rarely and disconnects the call halfway. Also, to be noted that as I left on emergency my settlements were not paid as well.

At the moment as my dad has recovered partially from illness and I have several job offers coming from UAE. I also informed the owner that I would be returning back to UAE for another job and if any discussions to be made it could be done face to face in UAE. All these negotiations didn't prove fruitful.

Kindly, advice

Learning

1 Replies

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     26 August 2014

You should talk to the consulates here and seek advice from them Also, initiate discussion with the Govt authorities of UAE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register