LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lokesha Shivaramu (PM)     01 February 2016

Illegal floor by builder

I am a resident in a newly (16 months) constructed residential apartment in Bangalore in Nagarbhavi area.  I came to know through, RTI that the builder has not got approval for the penthouse floor he has constructed.  He has already sold, 3 of the 4 penthouses he has built.  

Can I approach court and get stay from selling the 4th penthouse as the floor itself is illegal (not approved).  I have got a document from electrical inspector, where he has not provided approval since the penthouse floor is not approved by BBMP.

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     01 February 2016

Sir,

The better course would be to write the complaint to the concerned authority for demolition of the same, I mean yes you can approach the court seeking stay but the court may hesitate to grant the same becasue you don't have a locus standi in the same.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 February 2016

To send a strong message to people who violate building bylaws with impunity, the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is taking up a drive to demolish under-construction buildings which do not comply with the norms. Give complaint to this address.

Sri B.N Manjunath Reddy
Worshipful Mayor BBMP           
Office no: 080-22238540, 080- 22975501, 080- 22248366
Email id:palikebengaluru@gmail.com

Lokesha Shivaramu (PM)     01 February 2016

Thanks for the reply to both the advocates.

Lokesha S (Engineer)     04 April 2016

I am facing similar issues.  My apartment is having building violations (top floor not approved).

Builder is asking for 20K to get A khata for all the residents.  All have agreed to pay 20K as incidental expenses to get A khata.  

Is this A khata legal, he has promised to show register entry and also to get PID number which can be verified by any of us.

Please let me know, should I go forward and pay the fees (bribe being collected) or do I have any ground to oppose this.

Lokesha S (Engineer)     04 April 2016

We are paying 20K each, and the apartment is in Bangalore.  Some BBMP babu is getting lot money (if builder is speaking truth, then almost 10 lacs as bribe).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register