LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mandeep   28 July 2015

Illegal commercial godown and activity in residential area

This is to notify that there is a commercial warehouse of office supplies in the residential premises of C 25 New Govind Pura, Gali No 6, Delhi – 110051, Near Gandhi Park.

The business owner is an arrogant person having two sons who are also employed in the same business. The sons are big time goons as they have a good built of body and they keep threatening the local public if anyone goes and complains of inconvenience their business causes.

They use residential property and all their trade happens on ‘kachcha’ bills which means they are avoiding tax big time. Every now and then their tempo and auto rickshaw comes for loading and it hits the parked cars of residents putting big and ugly dents in them.

The business owner’s son once was driving this tempo himself to have fun and he hit the boot space of my wagon r very forcefully causing boot space door to collapse. When I asked for compensation then they threatened me of beating me up to pulp if I lodged a complaint anywhere.

Every week or two their tempo rickshaw hits our MCD water supply pipe and we bear the cost of repair. When I requested them to stop doing that then again I got the same threat that I will be beaten if I pose any hindrance to their business activities.

I don’t even think that they have all necessary permissions from MCD, electricity board and income tax departments to carry out those commercial operations there in the residential area, and these guys are behaving like they are afraid of no legal body.

Can someone please hear the complaint of a common man and take care of these goons.

Learning

1 Replies

Mandeep   28 July 2015

I also went to local SDM office to see if I can complain about the illegal godown but they said only way to do that is to file an RTI and wait till I can actually see whether the business owner actually has permission from MCD etc.

And then the onus of filing a complaint is again on me. Can I ask police for help, I mean if I call police and the business owner denies that he didn't threaten at all then what can I do in that case?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register