Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka Chopra (Technical Writer)     09 June 2010

Illegal Paying Guest Accomodation

I need some help to understand what can i do in the following situation,

I was staying in paying guest accomodation at peddar road, mumbai. Since the pg was cheap and i was in urgent need of accomodation, i took it up. however, there is this woman called Sunit Mehta who, apparantly runs it... she did not get any agreement made or didn't even get anything signed from anyone staying in that pg... She took 10,000 Rs. as the deposit money (which she intially said "is refundable") and 5000 as monthly rent. She accomodates, four girls in a dingy room for that much amount. she doesn't get any documentation or agreement made so as to keep a lumpsum amount with herself. It has been 2 months since i left the pg and she hasn't paid my deposit money back. she had promised to pay the amount to me by the "5th or thr 4th of may, whichever date she has money" since then i have been trying to contact her she doesn't take my call.

I made two of my friends call too and she happened to take their call, as it was unknown number and told them that she will deposit the money soon and hasn't done it as yet..

i need to know if i can take some legal action, whatsoever, against this con woman, who has done the same thing with three other girls too...?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register