LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish (IT Software Engineer)     14 December 2015

Icici bank account disputed transaction

Hi All, I had booked a hotel room in RAMADA varanasi via Bookings.com. On Website they say book now and pay once you checkin. To verify I am not a robot they just ask my debit card number and expiry date. I thought I should not share any net banking username, ATM pin, CVV number, So it is safe to proceed. Finally due to problem I could not be there. after 2 weeks of they charged around 5000Rs from my account.

I am shocked without my confirmation at any random point of time, how can anyone deduct from my bank account, even at that time account had zero rupees. now acount balance is  -5000Rs and bank is charging -ve interest on it.

I also went to CYBERABAD COMISSIONARATE to lodge a complaint, but they said due to RBI regulations I can't file your FIR but just can give you acknowledgment. I also went to bank for this fraud transaction and also file a complaint in consumer forum. It has been 4 months and bank is just asking more time and -ve interests are being applied. For security bank also has blocked my diebit card and I am scared of using that account.

Please suggest me what should I do?

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     14 December 2015

Hi,

While logging in on the said website.. did you sign any agreement or agreed to the terms and conditions? If yes.. then check those terms.

99.99% people never read the terms before clicking on the button " I agree". And these kind of companies take advantage of these things.

Hi, Thank you for reply. I read all the terms and conditions. they did'nt had any hidden terms and conditions. Every Hotel has their own cancellation and NO SHOW rules. I agree they had written if you don't cancel one day will be charged as cancellation. But I thought when I will reach there then  I will pay, it would be rule for those who have paid early for booking. 

Even the site has no such information that amount will be deducted. and even after two weeks at any point of time how can he withdraw from my account? at least somewhere they should have asked for such withdrawl agreement. 

If you can give me your email id, I could forward you the screenshots for reservation I did.

Attached File :
  • downloaded: 86 times
  • Ashish (IT Software Engineer)     14 December 2015

Hey, I have forwarded screenshot for the reservation I did. Please look into those.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 December 2015

Did the bank recieve bill from company and deducted afterwards?

As per which RBI guideline Cyber cell decline to mregister the compalint?

The matter is in court and DCDRF shall decide.

Yes, Cyber Cell declined to rigister my complaint and they just given me acknoledgment for the application.

Bank emailed me as-

Further, we request the merchant to provide the charge slip pertaining to the transaction. If we do not get the charge slip from the merchant, we seek help from VISA and raise a 'chargeback' on the disputed transaction. The dispute process for chargeback takes 50 days and is guided by VISA.

The charge back leads to either of the two results:

• The dispute is settled in favour of the customer - this means that the customer's savings account gets credited

• The dispute is settled in favour of the bank - this means that the charge is payable by the customer and documented proof will be provided by the acquiring bank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register